The holiday season may have you feeling jolly and full of Christmas spirit, but is it really a good time to buy or put your property on the market? Christmas is a subject that comes up with a lot of mixed opinions. There are both pros and cons to selling or buying your property over the holidays, which are worth considering. We at SKAD believe selling over Christmas is a great idea and here is why:
- It may be possible to get a good price during the holidays as sellers may be looking to offload the property.
- For buyers, there can be more of an opportunity to pick up residual stock, as other buyers drop out of the market.
- It’s best to find a local real estate agent who will have up-to-date knowledge about how the holidays could affect your chances of a fast, profitable sale. Contact SKAD today for a skilled, knowledgeable agent who can help you buy or sell during this time.
- Buyers who are looking for properties during the holidays are usually serious about purchasing something, and this could lead to a quick sale.
- Christmas is also a naturally festive and joyful time. It falls during the first month of summer, which provides a bright, cheerful and sunny setting for the home which makes for fantastic, well-lit pictures.
- Buyers will be motivated to buy before the end of the year because they are afraid of missing out, or have sold their house and need a new home.
- One of the advantages of buying in December is that sellers might wish to wrap up a deal before the end of the year.
- An advantage for sellers is less choice, with fewer properties on the market, which can also increase competition between buyers and drive prices up which is more money in your pocket.
- Buyers will most likely be happy, wondering why you are so keen to get rid of your property. With it being a busy time of year for every one real estate is slowed down which means a lot of buyers feel like they get first choice with new homes.
- Buyers are likely to be experiencing buyer fatigue after a long year of searching. This indicates a fresh new property on at Christmas time will mean they want to snap up the properties immediately!
- Many buyers will think the market is basically stopped in late November, which is a great time to list because they’ll all notice your property straight away! Those who do sell in this period, might find the buyers want to negotiate a longer settlement to accommodate the Christmas and holiday season and organising their families/kids’ schools for the coming year.
- Buyers also face wonderful advantages at this time of year. The Christmas period can be a wonderful time to buy as a new home is the best Christmas present. Starting the new year fresh in a new home and planning their new year in their new purchase.
- An advantage for sellers is less choice, with fewer properties on the market, which can also increase competition between buyers and drive prices up meaning you can still get a great price for this time of year!
If you’d like to discuss selling your property or purchasing a home contact our agents today!”